ATLANTIC SMART PORTS BLUE ACCELERATOR NETWORK (AspBAN) PROGRAM
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION AND PARTICIPATION
When you submit your application form to participate in the ATLANTIC SMART PORTS BLUE ACCELERATOR NETWORK (AspBAN) Program, you agree to the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) in relation to your application for, and if selected, participation in, the Program.
SECTION ONE: CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION
In order to eligible to apply for the Program your start-up must:
- Be incorporated (in any country), and provide proof of that registration if requested by the Program Members;
- Be active in the Strategic Atlantic Group Countries or able and willing to.
- Offer a product or service solution in at least one of the following recruitment categories:
- Blue Biotechnology
- Green / Smart Ports & Ports activities
- Shipyards, Shipbuilding and ship conversion
- Marine construction & infrastructure
- Maritime transport & Green shipping
- Marine & coastal tourism
- Marine Business Services
- Marine Research & Development and Ocean literacy
- Marine renewable energy
- Marine seabed mining
- High-tech Marine Services
- Marine pollution (plastic and other) monitoring, clean-up or management
- Safety & Surveillance
- Multi-Purpose Platforms
Note that start-ups with business models that are based solely on consulting are ineligible to participate.
- Have a prototype ready (not idea-stage).
Selection in the Program and Indicative Schedule
Applications meeting the minimum criteria outlined in these terms and conditions will be reviewed by Program Members for potential participation in the Program. Program Members will contact start-ups if more information or clarifications are needed about their application materials at any stage during the selection process. Based on application materials, start-ups will be selected by the Program Members for participation in the Program.
The decision of the Program Members on the successful applicants is final and at the sole discretion of the Program Members.
The proposed schedule for application and selection process is as follows:
||Date (Indicative only)
||July 15th 2021
|Application closing time
||September 30th 2021
|Successful applicants notified
||October 22nd 2021
The schedule above may be subject to alterations at the Program Members’ discretion.
All references to time in these Terms and Conditions are to European Central Time (CET).
Application Submission and Closing Time
Your application must be submitted electronically via the application form at https://www.f6s.com/aspban/apply before the closing time. The Program Members may in our discretion consider an application submitted after the closing time but we have no obligation to do so.
Selection Criteria and Evaluation
The criteria Program Members use and how the criteria will be applied will be decided by us in our discretion, but is likely to include our assessment of your:
- Quality Management – credible team, quality CVs, relevant qualifications/experience;
- Elegant Solution – clearly innovative or disruptive, differentiated from existing solutions, scalable, exhibits sustainable competitive advantage potential and fit with the program and the Program Member’s challenges;
- Market Size – large addressable market to facilitate significant sales growth (minimum $1 billion USD, if applicable);
- Business Plan – viable business model based on credit commercial and economic assumptions;
- (Potential for) positive social/environment impact connected to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- (Ability and willingness to be) Active in the Strategic Atlantic Group countries.
You will be advised in writing of any decision made with respect to your application promptly. We are not obliged to provide reasons for acceptance or rejection of your application.
Costs of Application
You participate in this application process at your sole risk and expense. You will bear all costs of and incidental to the preparation of your application and participation in the application process.
Conflict of Interest
You must identify and notify us of any actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest that you have in relation to this application or your participation in the Program. If you fail to notify us, or you are unable or unwilling to resolve the conflict as required by us, your application may be excluded from further consideration.
An existing commercial or legal relationship with a Program Member is not a conflict of interest but we request you include details of the relationship in your application.
You agree to provide us with information about your assets, business or other affairs for the purpose of or in connection with:
- applying to participate in the Program;
- allowing us to consider your application;
- your participation in the Program; and
- allowing one or more Program Members to identify and commence separate discussions about potential commercial or legal relationships between your start-up and the Program Member (Agreed Purpose).
The Program Members each agree to keep all information you provide to us for the Agreed Purpose (Confidential Information) secret and confidential and will not disclose the Confidential Information to any person without your prior consent or as otherwise expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions. The Program Members each agree to use the Confidential Information only for the Agreed Purpose.
This undertaking of confidentiality does not apply to Confidential Information:
- which was known by the receiving party prior to the other providing the Confidential Information;
- which is or becomes available to the public (other than by unlawful means);
- which becomes available (other than by unlawful means) from a source other than the disclosing party and that source is under no obligation to the disclosing party to maintain the Confidential Information in confidence; or
- which is required to be disclosed by the receiving party by rule or law or by regulation of a Stock Exchange which has authority over a Program Member.
You acknowledge that the Program Members may disclose the Confidential Information to their respective directors, employees and advisors for the Agreed Purpose, provided that such persons have first been made aware of the confidential nature of the Confidential Information and have agreed to comply with this confidentiality undertaking.
The obligations of confidentiality will continue for a period of 3 years from the closing time for applications.
Ownership of applications
All applications become the property of the Program Members upon submission.
Intellectual Property Rights
You grant each Program Managers a licence to copy, adapt, modify or do anything else necessary to all material contained in your application for the purposes of:
- evaluating and clarifying your application;
- if selected, your participation in the Program; and
- a Program Member considering potential commercial or legal relationships between your start- up and the Program Member outside the scope of the Program.
You acknowledge that the management and protection of your intellectual property is your sole responsibility, both during the application phase and if selected as a Participant, during your participation in the Program.
Misleading Claims, Improper Assistance and Anti-Competitive Conduct
In preparing your application and participating in the selection process you must not:
- make any false or misleading claims, statements or other representations;
- engage in any collusion, anti-competitive conduct or any other similar conduct with any other person;
- use the improper assistance of any Program Member employee, or any improperly obtained information; and
- violate any applicable laws regarding the offering of inducements.
Program Member Rights
The Program Members reserve the right at any time and for any reason to do any of the following:
- suspend, vary, amend or cease to proceed with the Program selection process or Program;
- vary or amend the application form or evaluation criteria;
- consider and accept or reject any application that is non-conforming or received after the closing time;
- vary or extend any time or date relevant to the selection process or Program;
- call for new applications;
- terminate participation in the selection process by any person;
- allow any applicant to change its application;
- publish or disclose your company name whether successful or unsuccessful; or
- take such other action that we at our discretion consider to be appropriate.
Any time or date in these Terms and Conditions is for our sole convenience and does not create an obligation on us to take any action by such time or date.
SECTION TWO: CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM
Benefits for successful applicants
Participants will be able to partake in the Program. The program consists of +24 workshops in 9 months, bi-monthly pitch sessions in front of investors, mentorship sessions and access to startup perks. All sessions will be hosted virtually.
During or at the end of the Program, you may receive the opportunity to engage with the many partners of the Program and/or receive strategic investment by one or more of the Program Members, however this opportunity is not guaranteed. Any commercial relationships or opportunities you are offered are subject to separate negotiations and agreements with the relevant Program Member and do not form part of the Program.
Participation in the Program
If you are selected to participate in the Program your startup must:
- give consent for your company name to be associated with this Program and used by Program Members to promote the Program or themselves;
- share requested information about your company and products with all Program Members. Confidential Information will be protected by the confidentiality undertaking in section one and data protection processes explained in section three;
- commit to scheduling and attending periodic inter-program calls with start-up peer Participants in the Program and with start-up mentors in the Program;
- provide to all Program Members the details of relationships entered into with individual Program Members as a result of the Program, and output and results of such relationships. This information is to be provided during and after the Program.
Termination and variations
The Program Members reserve the right to terminate a Participants involvement in the Program at their sole discretion if:
- the Participant breaches these Terms and Conditions; or
- if the Participants employee(s) engage in inappropriate (as determined by Program Members) or illegal behaviour or are disruptive to overall group cohesion.
Participants will be given prior notice before they are terminated from the Program.
Program Members may also terminate or make changes to the Program, in each case for any reason at any time. Participants will be given notice of such termination or changes.
Acknowledgment and waiver
Participants acknowledge that their participation in the Program is at their sole risk. Participants may withdraw from the Program at any time or make alternative arrangements for travel, accommodation or meals (at their cost). Program Members will have no liability to Participants for any loss or damage arising in connection with the Program, including personal injury, property damage or economic loss (except in relation to a breach of the confidentiality undertaking in section 1). Program Members must not make a claim against any Program Member for any such loss or damage.
SECTION THREE: DATA PROTECTION
- Wildtriumphs Lda, (“Beta-i”) is the entity responsible (controller) for collecting and processing your personal data, for the purposes referred below, in strict compliance with applicable law.
- The personal data from applicants / participants of the program, will be collected and processed for the purposes bellow:
- Providing and improving the requested Services – We use your personal information (including name, email address, company description, industry, and other information relevant to the Program) as necessary to run our Services, such as to register program attendees, facilitate information sharing with partners with whom you have consented for us to share information, and provide you with relevant connections and content based on this information.
- Communicating with you – We use your personal information (such as your name and email address) to contact you regarding your registration to a Program, to present new opportunities that might be relevant for you, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, for commercial, sales or investment purposes, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us
- Provide, develop and improve the Services- We process your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in improving the Program and our other Services, such as our Program websites. For example, we may use your information to conduct data analysis across our Services.
- Market the Services. We process your information in accordance with our legitimate interests of marketing the Services to you. For example, we use your information to market future Programs to you and to exhibit attending companies.
- Where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
- Marketing – If you opt-in to receiving marketing communications from us, we will use your personal information for outreach and marketing, such as to send you information about our future Programs. You can opt-out of these communications by using the unsubscribe links in our communications. We may also use your information in order to market the Program. For example, we sometimes use your image in our published list of Program attendees. If you want to object to this use, please contact us here at email@example.com.
- We may also use your image in our marketing materials in order to highlight the attendees participating in the Program. We also use photos and audio-visual footage from past Programs which may contain your image or voice. If you want to exercise your right to object to any of these uses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- where you have made the information manifestly public;
- when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation as:
- Management of tender procedures;
- Compulsory insurance contracting;
- Mandatory communications to public authorities;
- Compliance with other legal or regulatory obligations;
- Beta-i may need to share your personal data internally and with third party external service providers who perform functions on behalf of Beta-i, such as companies hosting or operating the website related to the present program or other third parties participating or managing the Program, according to the purposes listed on b). In this context, we inform you that your personal data may be shared with:
- Hosting: (Siteground.com)
- Website management: (Laura Perez – Labroom)
- We draw your attention to the fact that your data may be communicated when: (i) the transmission is made in compliance with a legal obligation, a resolution of the National Commission for Data Protection or for compliance with a court order; (ii) the communication is carried out for any legally prescribed purpose; (iii) for detection and protection against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; and (iv) to protect the rights, property, guarantees, or safety of third parties, visitors to the website.
- As the holder of your personal data, you are guaranteed a number of rights in relation to your personal data and the way it is processed, in particular, the right to object, to be informed, to access, to rectify, to limit, to erase, to portability of your personal data and the right to withdraw your consent. The personal data subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (www.cnpd.pt) about the way we process their personal data. The exercise of any of the rights mentioned should be done by contacting Beta-i by sending a letter/email to the address mentioned above.
- The personal data collected will be processed by Beta-i and by the third parties hired by it for the pursuit of the respective activity and fulfilment of the program, until the end of the program and in full compliance with the obligations provided for herein. Your information will be stored until (A) you send us a written objection, (B) 10 (ten) years from the date of collection or more if a specific legal requirement is applicable, after which measures will be taken to ensure that the information is properly and definitively deleted or anonymized and will be kept in accordance with and for the period provided for in the applicable law.
- Beta-i and the third parties contracted by it, with legal and/or contractual legitimacy for the purpose, acting in its name and on its behalf, will process personal data in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and with the national legislation governing the protection of personal data in force at any given time, to the extent strictly necessary to ensure the performance of their duties, as well as the exercise of their rights, under the pastime.
SECTION FOUR: DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Unless the context requires otherwise, the following terms have the following meaning in these Terms and Conditions:
Participant means a start-up who has been selected by the Program Managers to participate in the Program.
Program means the Atlantic Smart Ports Blue Accelerator Network (or AspBAN) international accelerator program more fully described at http://www.aspban.eu
Program Members mean:
- Forúm Oceano
- Irish Maritime Development Office
- KALEIDO Ideas & Logistics
- NOAH ReGen
- Cluster Marítimo de Canarias
- Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions of Europe
- GCE Ocean Technology
- Port XL
- World Ocean Council (USA)
- Global Accelerator Network (USA)
Program Members may be described as us, we, or our throughout these Terms and Conditions.
You or your means an applicant or, after selection, Participant.